Job Title: Store Manager Job Code: 100 Department: Store
Reports To: Director of Operations
Primary Purpose:Responsible for managing total store operations.
Meet or exceed established financial and sales goals.
Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong culture in support of Food Lion Strategy.
Maintain solid communications with the management team, all associates in the store and throughout the organization.
Ensure conditions involving security, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:· Maximize all resources (physical, human and financial) that will enable the store to achieve financial objectives while maximizing sales potential and growing the customer base
· Lead the implementation of both store specific and corporate initiatives by setting high standards, proper planning and delegation
· Ensure compliance with state and federal laws, company policies and standard practices
· Apply and expand industry and market knowledge to create and improve competitive position
· Provide leadership and motivation within the store to promote a culture reflective of our Guiding Principles, Core Values, Vision and Strategy
· Provide a safe, secure and pleasant environment for customers and associates
· Ensure that proper control of all store funds and company assets are maintained
· Foster a positive environment which anticipates and satisfies needs of associates and customers and establishes the store as a valued member in the community
· Value differences (mirror the diversity in the community)
· Assure the recruiting and selection of the best qualified candidates to meet identified store talent needs
· Recognize, evaluate and develop associates to balance business objectives and individual needs
· Treat all store information with strict confidentiality
· Provide recognition of accomplishments and offers constructive counseling when necessary as it relates to achieving customer satisfaction and service while building store sales
· Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, average cost inventory system (ACIS), scheduling, productivity, ordering (CAO), and business information systems
· Understand and utilize the Profit and Loss (P&L)
· Maintain an action plan on all associates identified as not meeting the productivity standards of performance or exceeding shrink controls, implement training and accountability as needed
· Successfully complete Computer Based Training (CBT), Training Packet and Training Aid courses
· Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications:· College graduate or equivalent preferred
· Solid understanding of store operations required
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills
· Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job
· Ability to use technical information to solve problems
· Ability to lead and direct others
· Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
· Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
· Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment; Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation
Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
Ability to use hand held computers for orders, mark downs, scan outs, and inventory
Stand 100% of the time, frequently walking short distances
Ability to push or pull up to 2000 pounds using a pallet jack or float
Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs.
continuously, 25 lbs.
frequently, and approximately 100 lbs.
Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials, and household cleaners
Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
Meet established volume activity standards for the position
Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
Have sufficient visual ability to check invoices, dates, and other written documents
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,064.00 - $80,500.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
10 hour shift
Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!