Internal Short Description
At Office Depot and Office Max, the Sales Advisor is a part-time role, providing exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets.
S/he will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing basic training of Technology products/services and print offerings.
The associate in this role will demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers.
S/he will utilize Office Depot and Office Max’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers, in order to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
Required successful completion of current basic Tech and Print Certification and continued education in these areas.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
1. Provides exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, provides logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store and protecting company assets.
2. Performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set and price changes.
Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage.
3. Follows the established sorting and stocking guidelines and completes freight processes.
Ensures freight sorting area is organized and setup in accordance with guidelines.
Scans, investigates and fills inventory lows and outs daily.
4. Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience.
Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions.
Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
5. Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
6. Works to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided.
Drives Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
7. Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and practices; and supports company loss prevention efforts.
Education & ExperienceHigh School diploma or equivalent education preferredRetail sales experience preferred
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.50 per hour
8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Memphis, TN 38119: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!