The Material Services Expediter generates and reviews parts reports for back ordered and past due purchase orders, expedites materials and advises all necessary individuals as to the status of the materials and purchase orders.
In addition, this position assists purchasing agents by placing orders, reviewing problems receipts and contacting vendors and suppliers to obtain pricing, availability, delivery schedule, parts servicing and places order; and defines incoming material transportation requirements as needed.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reviews daily reports to identify parts from customer back order requisitions and past-due purchase orders, determines the status of these parts, and notifies the appropriates department expediters, team leader, project manager or other appropriate team member.
2. Obtains parts pricing and availability by contacting vendors and/or researching parts locator services to support team members in preparing accurate quotes.
Contacts appropriate team member regarding price, quantity or delivery discrepancies.
3. Assists purchasing agents by soliciting various sources for immediate-demand items, placing orders with vendors for special order items for work-in-process, following-up on parts pricing follow-up, reviewing problem receipts to identify what action needs to be taken and assisting with corrective action.
4. Accurately enters, updates and maintains inventory database in a timely manner to ensure precise inventory files, cross reference information, parts notes files, purchase order files and vendor kits as necessary.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Job Specific Requirements
Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
Physical: Occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs.
; repetitive motion; tolerates sitting
Work Schedule: 8:30AM - 5:30PM, Monday through Friday
Education and Experience
High School graduate or equivalent required
One year related materials, purchasing, warehouse or shipping and receiving experience required
General computer skills required, including knowledge of Microsoft Software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices
Previous aviation experience preferred
Moving is expensive and hard work!
Relocation Assistance is available for those that qualify.
Duncan offers a comprehensive Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation/Holiday) that is available to team members on day one.
Plan for your medical needs with a Health Savings Account (employer and employee contributions).
Save for your future through our 401(k) program where you can begin contributions within your first 45 days, 50% match on first 6% contributed
Enjoy Duncan Aviation’s On-Site Fitness & Health Clinics at the MRO locations
Take advantage of a variety of In-House Training opportunities, or use Tuition Assistance to further your education.
Duncan Aviation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!