JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Consumer Loan Servicing Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Consumer Loan Servicing
STATUS: NON EXEMPT
JOB CODE: 1798
This position assists the Consumer Loan Servicing Manager with directing and overseeing the department’s daily operations focused on DMV processing work flows, DMV process improvement and other consumer loan service processing.
Perform duties to support advanced operational functions for the servicing and maintenance of loan products, vehicle titling and equity releases.
Communicate through phone or email with members, staff, vendors, and third parties to provide assistance on complex consumer loan servicing issues.
Coordinates leads and participates in projects for systems, procedures and process enhancements.
Provide support and leadership to assigned team as needed.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Process all complex requests submitted through the Consumer Loan Servicing Queues, email inboxes and faxes.
Investigate and correct credit reporting, vehicle titling issues and equity releases in an accurate, timely and professional manner as required.
2. Ownership of the DMV process and responsible for improvements to efficient processing of DMV title workflows.
3. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance, including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
4. Research incomplete or inaccurate equity and vehicle payoff checks.
Work with appropriate parties to obtain missing paperwork and payoff shortages as required and according to credit union guidelines.
5. Work, create and analyze reports necessary to ensure work is completed according to required timelines, procedures and regulations.
Perform necessary research and actions based on report findings, notifying management of status, any issues and proposed resolutions.
6. Monitor active accounts protected by the Service members Civil Relief Act to ensure continued compliance.
Perform follow-up on aging, outstanding titles and equity releases and work with appropriate parties.
Recommend and take appropriate actions toward resolution.
7. Review, analyze, and evaluate auto loan titling documentation based on DMV requirements and apply knowledge of titling procedures to submit consumer loan paperwork.
Evaluate and ensure the DMV paperwork is accurate, complete and compliant.
Review required paperwork for truthfulness and consistency.
Apply fraud detection and prevention techniques.
Process complete paperwork through DMV Desk to complete the titling process.
8. Perform quality control and risk assessments as required.
9. Provides high-level support and technical assistance to the Contact Center, Branches, Member Care and other departments, focusing on ensuring the complete and accurate DMV paperwork is submitted.
10. Responsible for handling escalations related to extensive and complex communication with members, dealers, financial institutions, vendor/partners and motor vehicle departments for problem resolution for pending titles and research items.
11. Assists with the management of the high volume inbound phone calls from external and internal members.
12. Organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while being detailed oriented.
13. Responds to member escalations via incoming and outgoing calls as well as through alternative channels.
14. Always provides prompt, courteous, internal and external Exceptional Member servicing in a professional.
15. Facilitates a positive teamwork environment, which encourages team commitment to corporate, division, and departmental goals.
16. Responds to escalated Consumer Loan Servicing research requests within established timeframes.
17. Must demonstrate functional knowledge of all compliance courses on an annual basis and must review and pass all regulatory tests and courses pertaining to their job functions including internal credit union policies.
18. Must be able to perform Consumer Loan amortizations and train others on the process.
19. Full servicing of HELOC accounts, such as producing payoff requests, posting payoff checks, preparing reconveyances, researching and satisfying member phone calls, emails and other forms of correspondence.
20. Identify and implement process efficiencies and submit procedural updates for approval.
Identify and resolve issues that arise outside of the normal course of business.
21. Oversee departmental functions by working with co-workers to ensure all work is completed on time, according to credit union policies and as governed by regulatory requirements.
22. Perform training, procedures, support, work flow coordination and guidance for all assigned CLS Technicians.
23. Provide additional support throughout the department and perform other tasks and duties as needed.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to assist staff, members, and third parties.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff.
2. EXTERNAL: Members, Vendors, and 3rd Parties.
1. EDUCATION: Successful completion of High School curriculum and / or equivalent work experience.
2. EXPERIENCE: 2 or more years at a financial institution performing customer service, check posting, extensive research investigating, report creation and analysis, credit report review, analysis and correction, vehicle titling and/or real estate releases.
Experience with DMV requirements, loan servicing and process improvement required.
Extensive knowledge of California DMV regulations pertaining to titling and release regulations, credit dispute requirements and/or real estate reconveyance processes, required.
Knowledge of electronic DMV titling documentation based on DMV requirements thereof.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Knowledge of credit union policies and procedures.
Ability to multi-task is required.
Excellent organization skills.
Excellent business interaction skills.
Excellent numerical skills.
Possess and use sound judgment.
Accuracy is a must.
Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office software or other standard office equipment.
Excellent follow-up skills.
Ability to work independently.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range.
A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Extensive PC data entry and processing throughout the workday.
6. May require minimal travel, local and statewide by car or public conveyance for Credit Union business.
Possess a valid California driver’s license.
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!