Surgical Technicians assists in the organization and daily function of the operating room in accordance with established Federal, State and accreditation standards as well as Center policies and procedures.
Assists the nurses and physicians in delivering the highest standard of patient care available.
· Assist in the opening of the operating room (OR) and preparation for assigned cases;
· Scrub on surgical procedures as assigned;
· Anticipate the needs of the physician and has equipment, medical gases and supplies readily available for all procedures;
· Maintain sterile techniques during operative procedure;
· Identify and act to correct and break in technique and reports as required;
· Assists in preparing for the next day cases and cleaning/stocking of the ORs, ensuring that an adequate amount of in-house supplies and medical gases are available in accordance with weekly caseload;
· Other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
College degree preferred;
· OR experience required; two years of hospital OR experience desired;
· Surgical Technician certification required;
· Ability to scrub all types of cases preferred;
· Ability to effectively communicate with providers, patients and peers.
· Full time and per diem positions available.
· Positions available in Albany and Clifton Park.
· Schedules are Monday through Friday; No weekends, holidays or on-call.
Job Types: Full-time, Per diem
Pay: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
Clifton Park, NY 12065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please enter your email to receive a job alert when similar jobs are available. You can cancel job alerts at any time!